Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering
The Journal of JAEE
- The manuscript reception date shall be the "Received Date", and the date in which acceptance was decided shall be the "Accepted Date".
- If the submitted manuscript appears to be in significant violation of the Submission Rules for the Journal of JAEE and peer review is thought to be difficult, the Journal Editorial Committee Chairman (hereinafter called the Chief Editor) may advise the author to format the manuscript, and to resubmit it.
- If the content of the manuscript is judged to be inappropriate for publication in the Journal of JAEE, the Chief Editor may discuss it at the Editorial Committee, and reject its publication.
- The Chief Editor shall choose three reviewers based on discussion with the Editorial Committee members.
- Based on the results of the first or second peer review, the Chief Editor shall hold an Editorial Committee discussion, and decide whether or not to accept the manuscript for publication.
- If a submitted manuscript was sent back to the author with the results of the peer review and a revised manuscript has not been returned within 6 months, the Chief Editor may make a judgment that the submitted manuscript has been withdrawn.
- Regarding submitted manuscripts that are categorized in "Discussions" for review, the Chief Editor may hold an Editorial Committee discussion, and decide whether or not to accept the manuscript for publication.
- The Chief Editor may request the author to make changes in expressions, wordings and charts of the submitted manuscript.
- The Chief Editor may make corrections to parts of the submitted manuscript that violate the Submission Rules, without the author's consent.
- The Chief Editor may issue requests for manuscripts such as technical reports, based on the decision of the Editorial Committee.
- In case a manuscript was rejected for publication as a result of review, the manuscript author may raise an objection to the Chief Editor within one month, by stating why the author feels that the rejection is unjustified.
This rule shall be effective from April 11, 2001 upon approval by the Board of Directors.
Copyright (C) 2001-2012 Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering. All Rights Reserved.