Request to the Press Members
In order to run the conference smoothly, we request the press members of the 17th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering (17WCEE) to follow the following precautions. Please note that you may be asked to leave the venue if you violate the following precautions. If the 17WCEE secretariat gives an instruction separately, please follow the instruction regardless of the content of this precaution.
Here, "press members"are those who meet the following conditions assessed by the 17WCEE secretariat. If you do not meet the following conditions, please participate as a general participant.
1) News media such as TV, radio and newspapers (reporters, cameramen, directors, etc.)
2) Reporters for magazines and internet media, etc.
*Also available in Japanese.
Precautions for Coverage
There are three types of the 17WCEE presentation formats: venue presentation, online presentation, and on-demand presentation. Please follow the following precautions for coverage.
(1) Common policy
- Presentation slides, posters, and presentation contents are all copyrighted by the presenter. Secondary use is prohibited without the permission of the presenter. Please make sure to ask for the consent of the presenter if secondary use of data, charts, etc. is necessary.
- If you wish to contact a presenter, please do so directly after the presentation by e-mail or other means. The 17WCEE secretariat will not serve as a go-between between the presenter and press members.
(2) Coverage at the venue including public lectures and the Bosai / Disaster Management Expo in Sendai
- When you arrive at the venue, please perform the prescribed procedures at the press reception desk and receive the press pass at first.
- Please wear the press pass in the venue at all time so that participants can be aware that the press members are covering and filming.
- Please follow the instructions of the chairperson, secretariats, and guides in the venue.
- Please beware of excessive flash, shutter sound, movements during filming, etc. as it may interfere with the running of conference.
- Please note that a press room is not provided because the space of the venue is limited to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please use the rest area for manuscript preparation and interviews with presenters, etc.
(3) Online presentation and on-demand presentation
- Zoom is used for online presentations. Please listen to the presentation with your name and affiliation in the display name of Zoom. (Freelance journalist should be displayed as "press")
- Please refrain from acts that interfere with the running of the conference and acts that cause annoyance to general participants, such as speaking to presenters and interviews on the Zoom channel of the conference.
- Do not film the screen or record the screens of the online and on-demand presentation.
Regarding Publication of Coverage
If you publish (post / broadcast) the content of the coverage at 17WCEE, please inform the 17WCEE secretariat of the date and medium of publication. In addition, please send a copy of the article or broadcast or the URL to the 17WCEE secretariat by e-mail within 2 weeks after publication. The 17WCEE secretariat is not responsible for any problems or issues that may occur as a result of the publication. Therefore, please check with the interviewees in advance.